Hamcock Industrial Access works side-by-side with clients in the Cement and Lime industry to provide services which improve production and prevent shutdowns or outages. Our multicraft capabilities and rope access techniques allow us to handle difficult or hard to reach tasks quickly and efficiently to save both time and money.
Hamcock Industrial Access’ certified rope access technicians and engineers design custom projects for our client’s specific needs. For cleaning & inspection of industrial chimneys and smokestacks, ductwork and breaching repairs & maintenance, or regularly scheduled maintenance tasks, our highly trained technicians provide effective solutions on the most demanding timelines.
Facility managers in the Cement & Lime industry trust in Industrial Access to provide exceptional & reliable service for all of their industrial structures. We regularly perform:
- Industrial chimney and smokestack sweeping & inspections
- Concrete, Steel, FRP (Fiber Reinforced Polymer) structural inspections & repair
- Ductwork & Breaching inspection and repair
- Coatings, painting and surface reconditioning – scale & rust removal, surface and lining preparation
- Silo and tank inspections and repairs
Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) – NDT methods include Ultrasonic Thickness (UT) Checking, Infrared Thermography, hardness tests for concrete and FRP structures, and Petrographic Testing. With NDT methods, we are able to test the strength and structural integrity of your structure without affecting usefulness or performance. Essentially, we use means that don’t require a physical material sample which could damage the structure. Ultrasonic Thickness (UT) testing is the most popular NDT method & uses UT meters to test for thinning of material from corrosion or erosion, to determine any unusual or excessive areas of wear that could compromise structural integrity and safety.
Infrared Thermography- This technique is used to spot leakage of heat through welds, couplings, valves or junctions/connections within structures, piping, ductwork, breaching or stack construction. Spotting these vulnerabilities allows us to stay ahead of breakdowns and outages by addressing weak spots before they turn into larger issues.
Petrographic Testing- This method takes material samples or borings of the structure for laboratory testing in order to determine structural weakness or ageing.
Here are some services we provide for facilities and plants in the Cement & Lime industry:
- Safety Platforms, Ladders & Access repair for Cement Kilns
- Lighting and lightning protection repair, replacement & installation on all tall structures
- Gas conditioning towers, spray cooling towers, ductwork and breaching, and silo inspection and repair
- Clinker Coolers ductwork inspection and repair